Join residents, business executives, and community leaders in a UROC Critical Conversation on Economic Development and Urban Communities: A Quality of Life Conversation at 6 p.m. Thursday, November 17.
The event will explore the connection between public and private investment in North Minneapolis and other urban communities and its impact on individual and community health, prosperity, and quality of life. Speakers will include:
- Lea Hargett, president, Minnesota Black Chamber of Commerce;
- Naim Madyun, associate dean for undergraduate programs, diversity, and outreach, University of Minnesota College of Education and Human Development;
- Ravi Norman, chief executive officer, THOR Construction, Inc.;
- Shauen V.T. Pearce-Lassiter, director, Center Cities Competitiveness Initiative, Greater MSP;
- Cathy Polasky, senior policy advisor, Office of Governor Mark Dayton and Lt. Governor Tina Smith;
- D. Craig Taylor, director, City of Minneapolis Community Planning and Economic Development; and
- Stella Whitney-West, executive director, NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, Inc.
The event's 5 p.m. reception will feature an exhibitor display of new Northside businesses, as well as businesses planning to expand or relocate to North Minneapolis.
Videos from this Critical Conversation are now available on UROC's Youtube channel below.